RK
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
  Melbourne !
Melbourne vic poker champs.

Friday night - hot shots tourney ! Lot of ppl who thought
they were good, well it seemed that way.

Rk - first hand, looking to take it easy , get aces,
grayte. (start with 4k in chips, blind 25-50). Raise
to 150. Limper calls. Flop comes 10-10h-5h. He
checks i bet 250, he check raises to 1500. I re-raise
all in ! He eventually folds, heart racing.

Then i got a message from Chad, first thought idiot,
y is he sending me a msg, they said dont use phones
at the table. Then second thought perhaps he has quadrupled
up in a pot. Read msg (out ! flops top set, somehow
gets out setted and busts out)Final thought - see first
thought. Funny thing, just b4, i was looking at the screen,
and the number of players had clicked down from 170 to 169,
thinking, who was the clown who got knocked out first!

Oh well unlucky, which summed up the rest of the night. Lap
gets knocked out with AK v Js. I call a short stack all in
from sb, when im in bb. He shows 2-4, i have q-10. Flop
comes 2-2-2 Argggh. Hang around get a little bit short,
try to steal some blinds, push all in with a-10, called
with k-q, flop sees a K , cya later.

Friday night met up with the girls went to some pub,
met a phil ivey look a like (didn’t play poker) and
left around 3. Phil ivey was out till 6am waiting to
catch the next train home.

Saturday - play in the qualifier. Rebuy event. $70 buy
in $50 rebuy / $50 add on. Start with 1k.
Early on I pick up Js, raise to 300. One caller. Flop
Comes J-3-2. I check, he pushes All-in, I call straight away.
He shows A-Q nothing , no flush draw. Turn 5, reach to scoop chips,
River 4, argghh Straight ! 97 to 3% favourite, bs !
Oh oh not my day. Rebuy. Pick up a few hands survive through
And get the add-on. Chad amzingly is still in. Lap too, tho
Lap is short stacked and gets knocked out when Qs run into As
I then just play patiently occasionally raising with random cards,
Picking up the blinds. Chad gets eliminated after running low.
Im running low as well. Get some chips when I win a hand
From the blinds. Then a few hands later get 5s in the bb,
Flop comes A-5-5. Two chip leaders in the pot, one limper.
Cmon ! Everyone checks both round, I bet the river, and
Everyone folds. Ghey !. Next hand A-K , chips leader who
Is a fish, limps, I raise, he re-raises, oh oh. I re-raise all in.
He has A-Q , I win, and im in the comfort zone. Cruise
Into the final 12, and win my seat !

Saturday night , watch the footy at the crown whilst playing 4-8,
Head back to apartment, decide to take it easy. Comedy – on the walk
back go into an indian restaurant asking whether we can buy beers
To take back to the apartment. After talking for a few mins, he tells
Us there is a bottle shop next door, literally. The shop next
To the indian restaurant is a well lit large bottle shop. Idiots. Buy
Some grolsch. At the apartment watch the bodyguyard. Suppose
To go out at 12 to meet lap, I decide ill take it easy. Chad goes off to
some club, they pretend they’re pilots, whilst I stay back watching romeo
Must die and reading volume 2 of harrington. Its like having to work
The next day I guess. Apparently the main event can go till 5am , so
figure I may as well get some rest.

Sunday - Ready to go. Get to tournament area, see my seating postion,
Go to my table. No known ppl on my table. One person raises the
First 4 pots. No aces first hand I can take it easy. Towards the end of the
first break, two ppl get moved to my table. One of them is my “clone”.
I often get mistaken for him , apparently all tamil ppl look the same.
Thing is hes pretty damn good. He won the poker platinum event (200K)
And apparently had 5% of the WSOP champ (500K) !! I played well,
Doubled my stack from 5k to nearly 10k in the first break. Things
then started to go pear shaped. Picked up AK twice, raised, got
Nothing and other ppl bet. Raised with 10s, got re-raised all in by my clone,
And decided to fold. He had AK os, didn’t want to race so early.
Moved to another table. Running shortish, guy with about 6K, moves
all in, I have 4.5 K. I have A-Q, in sb. Blinds are 200-400.
I think about it and call . He has A-10, excellent, call ! Then lost
A few in blinds on 7.5K in bb this time with A-Q. Guy in late pos,
Raises , I re-raise all in. He has 6.7K. He has raised to 1500. He
Calls straight away with K-J. Loose call, but he wins im crippled,
And head off to the break virtually out. 825 chips, Average stack
10K, and blinds 300-600.

Come back and then play as aggressively I can. Find A-Q tripple
Up. Re-raise all in with 9s, winning a pot uncontested, and re-raising
with AK forcing someone to fold. Then on about 9K, new lady raises
To 2k I have Q-10in the bb. I call. Flop comes 10-7h-8h. I bet 2k
She goes all in. I think about it and call. I figure I have her. She
Has 6s ! Another good call, up to 18K.

Then keep the momentum up. Get moved to a table with Mel Judah
WPT event winner, and 3rd in wsop. Early on in the table I raise with
A-K on the button, guy reraises all in, for about half my chips in
The sb. I call , he has 10s and I win. Then take out mel judah,
When he re-raises my Ks with AK, for a 1/3 of my chips. Cya
Later ! Some guy on the table said to me hey isnt that the WPT winner.
Yah, and your next buddy ! ( I didn’t say that).

Sitting comfortable on 50K, all the way back from 825. Perhaps could
Have been more aggressive in this period, but I didn’t really have
many opportunities. Make it into the final 30 ($$$), then final 20, stack
sitting stable. Pick up Aces, and make a raise, everyone folds. Dang.
Moved to what will be the final table with 20 left. Didn’t pick up
anything, here and had some tough decisions. Unfortunately had no info
on anyone, and perhaps missed an opportunity to re-raise all in with
A-10s from the blinds. Running a bit short, blind 3k-6k (1k ante),
8 handed I push all in late position with A-J (30K), run into Qs on the
button, and sayonara (appropriate coz it was a japanese guy who eliminated
me). 12 hours later I was close, but not quite there, still good experience
and I got 3 chips for my effort (1k, 1k, 500). At the cashier, some
guy ahead of me was cashing 2 15K chips out. Wouldn’t want to lose
them.

rk makes pokernetwork :)

SPECIAL THANKS – to the support team of lap and chad who were
There for a lot of Sunday . I heard them cheering when I came
back from the dead in the middle of the tourney. With their arrr arrrrs.
I think some ppl were wondering what was going on. Also they
Gave an RK survival pack during the tourney, consisting of bananas,
Sustagen and orange juice, also pizza head later ! Thanks. Wish
I could have done a bit better, but other than perhaps not re-raising
With A-10 I don’t think I could have done much else, so I was
Pretty happy with how it went.

Monday went had a big lunch, marinara entre and steak , hmmmm.
Watched the new zombie film, listened to some interesting stories
from APA guys, and flew back.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home





AdelaideBlogs
Bigzee
Cibts
Hmmm
Jeem
MajaTheBee
Mitchuk
Naisay
Rk's ok
OnTheNow
Something?
Foundations of Love

Archives

May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005


Powered by Blogger